Vandalism Damage: What To Do
How to handle Vandalism Damage is not easy but we are here to help at SERVPRO of Indian Wells.
- Hose or wash egg damaged from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint, or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to handle a Vandalism Damage situation contact your local franchise, SERVPRO of Indian Wells to find out more information or to schedule an inspection.
We Are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Indian Wells (760)345-5210
Water Damage: What To Do
WATER DAMAGE FROM CLEAN WATER
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is sage from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
WATER DAMAGE FROM CONTAMINATED WATER
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
Contact your local SERVPRO of Indian Wells for more information on Water Damage procedures (760)345-5210
The First 48 Hours After A Fire Damage
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Indian Wells can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. With extreme desert heat in summer, fire damages can happen suddenly and keeping a fire damage emergency kit in a place outside of home with essentials that may be needed is something we should all do.
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do no clean any electrical equipment.
- Do no sent clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
For any further questions on what to do after a fire damage please contact our SERVPRO of Indian Wells Office at (760)3245-5210. Our office staff will gladly answer any questions you may have.
City of Coachella ChristmasTree
Its Christmas in Coachella
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we are not only involved in residential and commercial services we also assist at a civic level. At one point our marketing manager Chris Bennett was the president of the Coachella Chamber of commerce. Ever since that honor he has attended as many functions as possible due to the strength of that connection.
In this Picture we see the Coachella Christmas tree pre-lighting, this is a fun event where the chamber and city team up to bring some Christmas cheer to the residents. They serve up Pan Dulce to the crowd-goers as well as delicious champurado (think Mexican egg nog).
This is a way that we connect with our area to show that we are there in good times and challenging ones as well.
Ceiling Collapse at vacant commercial building
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we assist with water damage work on a daily basis. Sometimes this work is located at vacant commercial properties, this type of property can present challenging work. If the property does not receive routine inspections or proper maintenance then it can incur major repair issues that far out-way the normal cost of ownership.
In this picture we see a property that has been affected by a break-in where the thieves stole copper piping and fixtures. Not only did the owner lack a security system to monitor for such events, the lack of an alert allowed the damage to progress. The result of this theft was that the ceiling collapsed from over-saturation and the repair bill also increased. Add to this scenario the fact the insurance company can view the nature of this damage as negligent or owner absenteeism.
Make sure to inspect and protect your property, otherwise you can find your insurance unwilling to cover losses.
Thousand Palms Xmas party
Xmas with 1000 Palms Chamber
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we enjoy community involvement. We live in an area with nine cities that feel like one great big city with many facets.
One of our smaller communities is the northern city of 1000 Palms, this is a great group with a down home feel. Whenever we get a chance to attend an event we know we are in for a treat. The CEO William Senso always makes his way to many of the valleys events, so it is nice to return the favor and attend his organizations event.
In this picture we see a shot of their annual Christmas party, they offer good food and a very entertaining gift basket raffle. This year’s event was held at the local Rabobank. We even had a guest appearance from Eduardo Garcia from our local state assembly.
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we are equipped to handle fire restoration. This type of work can be very difficult because the nature of the damage can be so diverse. Is it a simple kitchen fire with an organic source? Or is it a complex industrial fire with chemical and electrical concerns? Either way we are ready to assist our clients.
In this shot we see a computer fire that started with the monitor overheating. This type of fire leaves a very strong odor and can also have toxic fumes. After the fire is put out the material continues to off-gas, this off-gassing is normally the source of the odor and as a provider we cannot remedy odor issues until the source of the odor has been removed.
Carpet being Floated
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we like to showcase some of the many process we use to restore items rather than replace them. The key to helping both the client and the Insurance Company are providing great service and keeping cost low. One of the ways we reduce cost is to restore rather than replace.
In this picture we see a section of carpet being 'floated', floating is when an air mover is used to push air underneath a carpet to aid in drying it after a water damage. This is not an option in every scenario, but if the water is category 1, and does not contain any potential health concerns then we can dry it in place. This saves the carpet from having to be replaced which can be very costly.
Water in the hallway
At SERVPRO of Indian Wells we are capable of handling any size disaster. When we experience a localized catastrophe we can deploy the necessary personnel to assist with the problem. Storm issues are different from a normal water damage, since there are many people affected and the water carry’s a lot contaminants the material affected has to be cleaned or removed.
In this picture we see a shot of flooded hallway in a residence. There is several inches of standing water and sometimes the team is not able to extract the water until the water from outside has receded and drained. When this occurs the material exposed to water can sustain a large amount of damage and instead of restoring we are basically removing. This makes storms a very difficult project.